Current Issue Flipbook

Trade Journals for the Concrete Industry

Current Issue Archive Online Flipbooks CPI Middle East CPI TV Events Buyers' Guide Newsletter Advertising Subscription

Durable sewers – criteria for the selection of materials

Planning communal and industrial sewer networks


The investments made by German local communities and network operators in the removal of wastewater, which amounted to €15.5 billion in the period from 2002 to 2004 [1, 2], were predominantly allotted to the public sewerage area, with a share of €11.4 billion, i.e. 73.5 %, while the remaining share of 26.5 %, or almost € 4.1 billion, was allotted to public wastewater treatment. High fixed costs are characteristic of water management: around 75 to 85 % of the total costs arise irrespective of the amount of wastewater. 49 % is allotted just to the imputed interest and the depreciation of buildings and structures [3], whose service life can vary within a broad bandwidth in accordance with the LAWA guidelines on the carrying out of cost comparison calculations [4]. Today, service lives are sometimes calculated that are significantly longer than is covered by the guidelines. This procedure is only sensible and responsible, however, if the calculated service lives can actually also be achieved.

Show article
Download article


CPi worldwide journals are trade journals for the concrete and precast concrete industry that are published in 10 different language editions in more than 170 countries. These trade journals, with their practical editorial reporting on research, production and applications, are specifically addressing the decision makers of the concrete and precast concrete industry.

About us
ad-media GmbH

Industriestrasse 180
50999 Cologne

T: + 49 2236 96 23 90
F: + 49 2236 96 23 96

  • Magazine
  • CPi-tv
  • Events
  • Buyers' Guide
  • Newsletter
  • Advertising
  • Patents
  • ad-media GmbH
  • Linkedin
  • Imprint
  • Data Protection
We are using Cookies on www.cpi-worldwide.com. Some of them are essential, while others help us improve this website and your experience. More information can be found in our privacy policy. Accept all Extended Configuration
Cookies of this category are required for the basic functions of the website. They are used for safe and proper use and therefore cannot be deactivated.
Cookies of this category allow us to analyze (Google Analytics) the use of the website and measure performance. They also help us to provide useful functions.
Cookies of this category allow us to show third-party content (social networks, videos)
Save settings and close Accept all